We had SO much fun creating your ultimate dream ice creams last year… we’re coming back for seconds!
Sharpen your pencils kids, we’re on the hunt for Aotearoa’s most exciting and delicious flavour creations!
Our ice cream experts will choose two winners: one from School Years 0-5 and one from School Years 6-8. They will be looking for daringly delicious combinations that tell a story through flavour and ingredients.
The two most interestingly inventive ideas will be turned into a real-life ice cream, scooped in our stores and sent to the creator’s school (or equivalent) for their whole class to try. All profits from sales in our stores will go to the winners’ schools to help fund projects around innovation, creativity and science.
How to enter
If you’re Year 0-8 at any school, download an entry form below or grab a copy from one of our scoop stores, then let your imagination run wild drawing and describing your ice cream invention.
- We want you to tell us what it tastes like
- Show us what it looks like
- Share what inspired you to create your magical ice cream.
Entries can be emailed to:
Duck Island Ice Cream, 401 Grey St, Hamilton East, Hamilton, 3216
or dropped in to any Duck Island Ice Cream scoop store.
Get dreaming Duckies, we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
18 August 2023
Last year we called on the kids of Aotearoa to dream up their ultimate flavour creation and they responded. We had over 6000 entries and after weeks of flavour testing, three finalists had their dream ice cream made.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open for students Year 0 to 8 at any New Zealand Primary and Intermediate School (or equivalent).
- One entry per person. Participants must complete the entry form in full, including their school and classroom or home school group.
- Entries close 5pm, Friday 18 August 2023. Entries can be submitted by:
- Emailing completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posting entry to Duck Island Ice Cream, 401 Grey St, Hamilton East, Hamilton, 3216.
- Dropping completed entry form to any Duck Island scoop store.
- Entries are judged in two school year groups – years 0-5 and years 6-8.
- Our judges will pick one winner from each age group based on creativity, flavour and imagination. These two flavours will be made by Duck Island Ice Cream and sent to the inventors’ classrooms to be shared and enjoyed.
- The two winning flavours will be sold in Duck Island scoop stores for a minimum of three weeks with proceeds going towards the winners’ school or group.
- Caregivers and schools/classrooms will be contacted by email/phone by Friday 8 September 2023.
- Completed entries may be displayed in store or used online for promotional purposes without disclosing personal information.
- By entering this competition, if your child is selected as a winner, you agree to their name and entry being used by Duck Island Ice Cream for promotional purposes. Any promotional material will be shared after consultation with caregivers.
- By entering this competition you agree to receive promotional material regarding the Flavour Creators Competition and other Duck Island Ice Cream promotional material.